I created this blog as a personal space to write about my dreams and goals and maybe inspire a few other people along the way to find their aspirations. This is what I have for a “list”:
(Completed / In Progress stuff is in parenthesis)
1) Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
2) Visit Rome (1/28/20) and Cinque Terre (1/29/20)
3) See the Pyramids in Egypt
4)See the Capitols of all 50 states (CO, UT, AZ, CA, NV, IL, MI, OH, IN, NM, OR, ID, MT ,WY, LA, TX,OK, AR, MS, WA)
5) Hike the PCT or AT (Started part of it)
6) Run a marathon (11/10/12, Santa Barbara, 10/5/13 St. George)
7) Enter a food eating contest (done in 1995 UCSB)
8) Ride a mechanical bull
9) Drive all of route 66
10) See the White House (done 8/11/10)
11) Visit the Statue of Liberty (4/14/17)
12) Visit Vienna
13) Eliminate all personal debts (3/25/14)
14) Memorize one book in the New Testament
15) See all of the California 21 missions (S Fern, S Diego, S Barb, S Inez, s Gabriel, S Luis Obispo, La Purisima, S Buena Ventura, S Luis Rey, S Juan Capistrano, S Francisco Solano (Sonoma), S Rafael, S Juan Baustista, Soledad, S Antonio de Padua, S Miguel, Dolores, S Clara, S Carmel, S Cruz, S Jose )
16) Learn to milk a cow. (done 10/27/12)
17) See a show on Broadway (4/13/17)
18) Get a video to 5000 views (EDIT: Accomplished as of 12/10/14 my video “Calle Revolucion, Tijuana, Mexico” is at 38,394 views)
19) Weigh 184 (313 now)
20) Ride an Ostrich
21) Swim in the Hearst Castle pool (8/24/19)
22) Participate in a historical re-enactment
23) write a book
24) write a comic strip
25) grow a vegetable garden
26) Memorize all Articles of Faith (Done 6/1/14)
27) Make a living with a personal business
28) Climb Mt. Fuji, Japan (Done 7/1/16)
29) Visit Tikal, Guatemala (Done March 2012)
30) Go on two missions (1 (was 96-98 Buenos Aires North))
31) Visit the Sacred Grove
32) Become an Analyst / Manager (Done 9/10/16)
33) Get a blog post up to 20,000 views (Done 12/10/14)
34) Visit all the Mexico State Capitols (CDMX, BCN, SON, NAY, JAL, GUA, VER, OAX, YUC, PUE, AGS, CUE, HID, NLE, COA, ZAC, TAM, SLP, QUE, TLA, BCS, ROO, DUR,CAM,TAB,MIC,MEX, SIN, GRO,CHI)
35) Visit all the Canada State Capitols (ONT)
I told Denise (my wife) about this list and she told me she also has goals and so I decided to list them as well:
1. Be a healthy weight.
2. Week plus roadtrip in RV/Teardrop (8/26/19 no longer important)
3. See Independence Hall, PA.
4. Visit a Civil War Battlefield (at least 2 (Fort Craig / Vicksburg).
5. Sew myself a dress that I love (8/26/19 no longer important).
6. Knitt myself a sweater I love (8/26/19 no longer important).
7. Grow a garden big enough that I can preserve some of it.
8. Read every book that I own.
9. Go on a mission.
10. Crotchet an altar cloth for a temple.
11. Visit Church History Sites (Carthage, Nauvoo, Independence, Far West, etc.)
11. Visit observation deck of Empire State Building (Considers One Tower in NYC to have fulfilled this)
12. Visit Pompeii, Italy (2020)
13. Walk freedom trail in Boston.
14. Do a true pushup.
15. Do a true pull up.